V-Club Forum

V-Club Forum (https://www.vclub-forum.de/Forum//index.php)
-   Neue Mitglieder im Forum (https://www.vclub-forum.de/Forum//forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Hallo aus Großbritannien (https://www.vclub-forum.de/Forum//showthread.php?t=54138)

DaveyLC 10.11.2014 08:55

Hallo aus Großbritannien

Bitte lassen Sie mich im Voraus entschuldigen für meinen Mangel an deutschsprachigen Fähigkeiten. :admin:

So I am going to write this post in English and hope that most members had a better schooling than myself (even though I learned German at school) :).

I recently discovered the Viano Fun model which unfortunately is not available in Britain but I really love the idea of having a 'normal' Viano MPV that can be used for camping or as a day-van.

In the UK the Viano is mainly used by Taxi drivers and chauffeurs and there were never any RHD Marco Polo or Fun models so there are very few people with Viano campers or in-fact very few Viano owners on Mercedes forums who know much about this model.

I've signed up on the V-Club because this seems to be the biggest (and best?) forum regarding the Viano/Vito I could find and I'm looking at the possibility of either purchasing a Viano Fun from Germany (and driving it back) as I've seen many for sale on mobile.de or trying to find a breaker who can ship me a grey Leather Viano Fun 3rd row sitzbank/bett but I wouldn't even know where to start looking :)

Danke für Lesen!

uliri2 10.11.2014 09:06

Hi Davey,
you are really sure you want a car in that size with the "wrong steering" ? And the sliding door will be on the "wrong" side too.

Perhaps it should be better to buy a used Viano in Britain and let it change to a Marco Polo ( or similar ). Or try to ask at "Westfalia" in Germany if they will change a used Viano to a camping or day-van.

I have been in Scotland last year and leant a very small car with the "right steering" und really happy to have done this. And yes, i have seen lots of Viano-Taxis.

Best regards
Uli

DaveyLC 10.11.2014 09:09

Zitat:

Zitat von uliri2 (Beitrag 345763)
Hi Davey,
you are really sure you want a car in that size with the "wrong steering" ? And the sliding door will be on the "wrong" side too.

Hi Uli,

I should explain :) If I were to buy a LHD Viano Fun I would merely be swapping the interior (seats anyway) with my RHD Viano and then I would register the vehicle here then later re-export the LHD Viano from the UK as randomly there is quite a demand for good LHD vehicles in this country.

Obviously sourcing just the rear seats would be simpler but as far as vehicle dismantlers / breakers in Germany go, I wouldn't have a clue who to trust and I have no idea of value - valuing a whole car is much simpler :)

princeton1 10.11.2014 10:56

Welcome!

-:)

I speak english very well, but nur nicht so schnell!

-:)

One very important question:
Why in GB I never got a bear with froth...???
:drinks:

Nico

drdisketti 10.11.2014 11:31

Ein Bär mit Schaum (vorm Ma_ul ?) wäre aber auch echt ungünstig ..

Plasma 10.11.2014 11:54

Welcome to the V Forum

DaveyLC 10.11.2014 11:56

Zitat:

Zitat von princeton1 (Beitrag 345789)
Welcome!

One very important question:
Why in GB I never got a bear with froth...???

Nico

Thanks for the Welcome! :)

The problem with the Beer is the legal regulations imposed by the "Weights and measures" law which means a pint of Beer must be a Pint of beer rather than mostly froth, this means we get more beer (which is always good) however not so good for Spirits and Wine as bars always make sure they don't give too much :(

https://www.gov.uk/weights-measures-...of-measurement

Kaschdi 10.11.2014 17:39

Welcome.

But is not bad. I can not speak English.
There are but Google translator..pfiff..pfiff.

DaveyLC 10.11.2014 18:02

Ich habe auch mit Google Translate ;)

alexanderpeter 10.11.2014 18:03

Zitat:

Zitat von Kaschdi (Beitrag 345817)
Welcome.

But is not bad. I can not speak English.
There are but Google translator..pfiff..pfiff.

Good evening Stefan,
well, yes is very easy.

Alle Zeitangaben in WEZ +1. Es ist jetzt 03:39 Uhr.